District to host annual ‘Conversation with the District’
Town hall-style community meetings
With the new school year off to a great start, Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) announces the annual Conversation with the District series of town hall-style meetings aimed at gaining input and feedback from parents, students and community members.
This year, the Conversation with the District continues the discussions regarding how the District will prepare today’s students to be successful in tomorrow’s world. Among the topics of discussion will be the upcoming $800 million General Obligation Bond Referendum that will be on the November 4th ballot.
The public is invited to take part in the Conversation with the District events. There is no fee to attend and parking is available at each location. Registration for speakers begins at 6 p.m. and the event begins at 6:30 p.m.
· Monday, Sept. 8, Northeast High School, 700 N.E. 56 St., Oakland Park, Fla.
· Wednesday, Sept. 10, Atlantic Technical College, 4700 Coconut Creek Pkwy.,Coconut Creek, Fla.
· Wednesday, Sept. 17, Cypress Bay High School, 18600 Vista Park Blvd., Weston, Fla.
· Monday, Sept. 22, Hollywood Hills High School, 5400 Stirling Rd., Hollywood, Fla.
· Tuesday, Sept. 30, Flanagan High School, 12800 Taft St., Pembroke Pines, Fla.
· Wednesday, Oct. 1, J.P. Taravella High School, 10600 Riverside Dr., Coral Springs, Fla.
· Monday, Oct. 27, Piper High School, 8000 N.W. 44 St., Sunrise, Fla.