Florida Bright Futures Scholarships
The Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program is comprised of three Florida Lottery-funded scholarships to reward Florida high school graduates for high academic achievement:
• Florida Academic Scholars Award (FAS), including the Academic Top Scholars
• Florida Medallion Scholars Award (FMS)
• Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholars Award (GSV)
For initial eligibility, a student must:
• Be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. A student’s residency
and citizenship status are determined by the postsecondary institution. Questions regarding such status should be directed to the financial aid office or ad-missions office of the institution the student plans to attend.
• Not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant, loan, or scholarship program unless satisfactory arrangements to repay have been made.
• Meet specific course-work and minimum grade point average (GPA) and test score requirements.
Further requirements apply for each of the three award types. Students must apply during the last year of high school, before graduation, or forfeit all future eligibility for a Bright Futures Scholarship.
* This information can change pending future legislation rulings.