Happy 59th Birthday, Oprah!
The queen of talk, mega-mogul, and humanitarian bar none, Oprah Winfrey has been an unending source of inspiration for all. She has graced our homes and warmed our hearts with more than 25 years of lessons and enlightenment that we’ve gathered from her shows. And now at 59 years young, the diva is still on a mission to help us achieve our “authentic selves” and ultimately “be the change you want to see in the world” via her OWN cable television network and countless other projects. we wish you the happiest of birthdays and would like to share some of our wishes for you.
1) Even though poetess, author and your mentor-mother-sisterfriend, Maya Angelou, wrote “Phenomenal Woman” before she entered your life, when she recites it, we are so sure she is speaking to you. Oprah, you embody the very soul of the poem and to us you are and will forever be, a ‘phenomenally, phenomenal woman.’
2) You are a living legend. Whenever you enter our homes via the TV, our spaces seem to almost vibrate with power and energy from you, a force to be reckoned with. Your influence and teachings have spread far and wide and you’ve used your wisdom to inspire, empower and educate the masses. We pray that you continue along life’s journey empowering yourself with newfound knowledge that you can then, impart upon us.
3) You continuously strive to help us want to shake up our lives in a way that is satisfying to the soul. You have taught us that we should make every effort to strive for markers of accomplishment, to lead fully involved existences. Incongruent living is soul-sucking, you’ve pointed this out to us. We need for you to continue to infuse us with life lessons, so that we can morph into that person whom we know, we need to be.
4) Named one of the world’s most-generous philanthropists, we wish that for each and every noble goal and selfless endeavor you set, may all of your future efforts be equally successful and rewarding.
5) Spirituality seems to fuel and nourish your soul. You have, in the past, wished that spirituality were generic and this way, all religions would be valid paths to God. Throughout the years you have presented an a la carte blend of religious concepts and have preached, that we should be accepting of the millions of ways to please God. You even professed to talk show host Piers Morgan that you consider yourself to be a spiritual leader and that you are the messenger to deliver the message of redemption, of forgiveness, of gratitude, of evolving people to the best of themselves. We wish you unwavering peace and joy in your personal journey to fulfill the highest expression of yourself as a human being.
6) Your love of reading has spurred thousands upon thousands of people to pick up a book. You have spread the idea and invigorated the concept of reading a book as a shared community. You are passionate about the written word and we wish that your enthusiasm for encouraging us to read never ceases.
We love you, Oprah, godspeed and Happy Birthday!