You Are Here: Home » Local News » Historic service organization inducts seven community leaders

Historic service organization inducts seven community leaders

LINKS Historic service organization inducts seven community leaders

The New 2012 Link Members

Historic service organization inducts seven community leaders

Submitted by Ethel P. Maloney

      Approaching the eve of its 38th Anniversary, The Links, Incorporated Fort Lauderdale Chapter, inducted seven new prominent community leaders on June 8, 2012.

     The Induction Luncheon Ceremony, held at The Tower Club in Fort Lauderdale, was attended by an extensive guest list of family and friends, as well as area church affiliates and community leaders. Special guests included members of the North Broward County, Greater Miami and Key Biscayne Chapters of The Links, Incorporated.

     Mrs. Ethel Pearl Maloney, vice president of membership for The Fort Lauderdale Chapter of The Links, Incorporated, stated, “We are tremendously honored to welcome our new members. They bring with them exceptional experiences and talents that will allow our chapter to provide extended services within this community. Our members are our Chapter’s invaluable resources and lifelong friends. Our efforts and contributions are strategically planned to make a difference.”

     Prior to becoming official Link members, these professional women worked as a team, rendering community service hours to Dilliard High School students. Their primary goal was to expose the students to an array of career opportunities at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU). While their featured presentation focused on, “Links To Success…HBCU Connection,” they also hosted a panel of educators from HBCUs who spoke directly to students providing them with an impactful vision of future career choices and opportunities.

     This event also recognized and honored our Platinum Member, serving 30 years, Mrs. Frankie Paton Foeman and Alumna Members:  Mrs. Enid Allen, Mrs. Ada C. Cole, Mrs. Mattie Benson, Mrs. Carolyn Jones Dandy, Mrs. Eddie Pearl DeGraffenreidt, Mrs. Yvonne Grant Johnson, Mrs. Alma Moore and Mrs. Joan Wallace.

     “We are grateful for a supportive community and for the reciprocal relationships that al-low this organization to thrive”, stated Mrs. Maloney.

     The Links, Incorporated is an international, not-for-profit corporation, established in 1946. The membership consists of over 12,000 professional women of color in over 275 chapters located in 42 states, the District of Columbia and the Common-wealth of the Bahamas. It is one of the nation’s oldest and largest volunteer service organizations of extra-ordinary women who are committed to enriching, sustaining and ensuring the culture and economic survival of African Americans and other persons of African ancestry. www.linksinc.org.

     For further information, please contact Mrs. Ethel Pearl Maloney at (954) 735-1650.

 

Be Sociable, Share!

    About The Author

    Carma Lynn Henry Westside Gazette Newspaper 545 N.W. 7th Terrace, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33311 Office: (954) 525-1489 Fax: (954) 525-1861

    Number of Entries : 5138

    Leave a Comment

    Site Designed By NoRegretMedia.com

    Scroll to top