Important information for families Head Start/Early Head Start application window opens March 3
Parents and guardians can submit applications for Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) Head Start and Early Head Start programs during the following open enrollment windows:
· March 3 – March 15, 2014
· March 31 – April 12, 2014
The BCPS Head Start Program serves three- and four-year-old children, and offers a full school day of educational enrichment activities with research proven curriculum focusing on the development of the whole child. In addition, Head Start services include dental, health, nutrition, mental health and family support. The Early Head Start Program provides services to pregnant women, infants and toddlers.
Families must meet the income eligibility requirements, as determined by the Department of Health & Human Services 2014 Poverty Guidelines. Families of children with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To complete an application, parents or guardians must pro-vide the following documentation at the time of application:
· Proof of age (child’s original birth certificate or passport)
· Child’s Medicaid card (if eligible)
· Proof of guardianship (if applicable)
· Parent photo identification
· Proof of all household income for the past 12 months (income is defined as the total money earned or received before deductions for all family members)
· Proof of residence in Broward County
Parents and guardians can complete an application at any of the three application sites listed below during the designated hours:
For more information, con-tact the BCPS Head Start/Early Head Start Program at (754) 321-1961 or visit http://ece.browardschools.com.