Q & A What does Reverend Deal say?
The names of God
Question: Why are there many names of God? And what are the names?
Answer: Names do mean something. Names correspond directly to the one designated by the name. For example, the name Kenneth comes from the Greek word “to know”. So a person named Kenneth is supposed to be knowledgeable. And the Hebrew meaning for my name, David, is “beloved”. This is true of God. The Bible refers to God by many different names, and each name reveals some aspect of God’s character or his relationship with us.
1) Yahweh/Jehovah – is the Lord
2) Jehova-Elohim – The Lord is God
3) Jehovah-Elyon – The Lord God most high
4) El-Shaddai – The Almighty God
5) Jehovah– Jireh – The Lord will provide
6) Jehovah–Repheka – The Lord is our healer
7) Jehovah Sabaoth – The Lord of Host
8) Jehovah–Nissi – The Lord is my Banner
9) Jehovah–Shalom – The Lord is peace
10) Jehovah-Shammad – The Lord is There
11) El Olam- The Everlasting God
12) Jehovah-Rash – The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want
13) Jehovah-Taidqenu – The Lord is our Righteousness
Reverend David Deal is the pastor at Every Christian’s Church in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Please write to Revered Deal to care of the spiritual editor, Westside Gazette, 545 NW 7 Terr, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla 33311, or email David.Deal55@gmail.com