The Community cordially invited to attend the Porter’s Road Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Commemorating – The Spirit if Trailblazer The Late Wilbur Porter Sr. & Wilber Porter, Jr., Saturday, March 1, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., at Lafayette Hart Park, 2851 N.W. Eight Rd., Fort Lauderdale, Fla. For additional info contact Delores Porter at (954) 583-8340
Habitat for Humanity Family Selection Process, will be held Friday, Feb. 28 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., and Saturday, March 1, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Urban League Fort Lauder-dale, 560 N.W. 27 Ave., Fort Lauderdale, Fla. All applicants will be interviewed. For more info call (954) 357-5950.
* African-American Research LibrAfrican-American Research Libr
* On Display – Broward County Schools: Explore how education in Broward County grew from those two small schoolhouses as the County it-self developed.
* Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday – Free homework help available for students grades K-thru 12 from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Call for more info (954) 357-6157
* Friday, March 7- from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.Destination Fridays: Come to South Africa! This is an after-hours age 21-plus event and tickets will be provided through Eventbrite. For ticket info call (954) 357-6210
* Friday, March 7 – from 12 to 3 p.m. Seniors Computer Class. Learn basic functions for better computer operation. For more info call (954) 288-8702
* Saturday, March 8 – Khepera Study Group, at 2 p.m., Featured book The Healing Wisdom of Africa by some Malidoma Patrice. For more info call (954) 357-5950.
* Monday, March 10 – Book Discussion Group Mom and Me by Maya Angelou, at 6 p.m. For more info call (954) 357-6170.
* Retired Educator reaches out to youth at AARLCC. Educator Joyce H. Clark will be holding five class sessions for families, adults and young people For dates, times and other info call (954) 357-6210.
Annual Treasure Mapping Day, Unity of Delray Beach, Saturday, March 8, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Mary Kupferle Fellowship Hall, 101 N.W. 22 St., Delray Beach, Fla. For additional info call (561) 276-5796.
The Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida (NHSSF) holds its Annual Community Paint and Beautification Day, Saturday, March 8, 2014 from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Coconut Grove Play-house Parking Lot, 3500 Main Highway, Miami, Fla. For more info call Vanessa Loy at (305) 948-8063.
* Fish FryFish Fry
The Westside Gazette Fish Fry, Friday, March 14, 2014 from 4 to 9 p.m., at 545 N.W. Seventh Terr., Fort Lauderdale, Fla. We’re taking pre-orders stop by Monday-Thursday, from 12 noon to 4 p.m. Inspired by Westside Gazette’s Generation Next.
* Business Development Workshop Business Development Workshop
The Office of Economic and Small Business Development – in partnership with the Purchasing Division, will host a Health and Social Services Vendor Opportunity Expo, Saturday, March 15, 2014, from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., at the Northwest Regional Library, 3151 University Dr. Coral Springs, Fla. Featured Topic: Health and Social Services Vendor Opportunity Expo. This series is designed for all local business owners and entre-preneurs interested in growing the reach of their businesses beyond Broward County. Local service agencies and providers will provide important facts you need to know about the “Afford-able Care Act” and more! Job Fair featuring pre-screenings for multiple positions.
“A Meet the New Officers” Reception is being held March 16, 2014 at 4 p.m. at the North-west Federated Woman’s Club-house. Admission is free, but please R.S.V.P. at the clubhouse at (954) 730-3442 or with Mrs. Patricia Casterlow at (954) 760-7519.
The Shepherd’s Care Ministry of Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church will celebrate their under new pastoral leadership, Rev. Dr. James B. Darling, Jr., on Sunday March 16 at 4 p.m. 1161 N.W. 29 Terr., Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Rev. James Ray of Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church and congregation will be our guest. All are invited to attend. For more information, visit www.mtzionmissionarybapt.com.
FAU is accepting registrations to participate in the 2014 Business Plan Competition. The Florida Atlantic University Adams Center for Entrepreneurship (ACE) and College of Business hosts the 2014 Business Plan Competition for local entrepreneurs. Individuals and team competitors will receive exposure to investors, feedback from a roster of expert judges, learning experience and the opportunity to win cash and prizes totaling an estimated 0,000. Registration is open now. Final business plan entries must be submitted by March 16, 2014.
* Yard SaleYard Sale
Sell your goods and keep your profits, Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 7 a.m., at Northwest Federated Woman’s Club, 2161 N.W. 19 St., Fort Lauderdale, Fla. To reserve your space contact (754) 224-7317 or email email@example.com