By Marsha Mullings, MPH
556,044 cases, 22,074 deaths
19,895 cases, 2,672 hospitalizations, 461 deaths
2,945 cases, 410 hospitalizations, 76 deaths
Important to Know
- Masks – Broward County has issued an order instructing all persons in the county to wear a facial covering when visiting essential businesses for services.
- Blacks are dying in disproportionate numbers from coronavirus, in large South Florida cities such as Orlando, Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
- New drive-through testing site – at the Hardrock Casino, in Miami Gardens. Individuals who have had sustained contact with an infected person but are without symptoms can now be tested at this testing site. The test is free.
- Food insecurity continues to be an urgent issue for many individuals. Feeding South Florida (954-518-1818) has a large distribution center where individuals may receive food packages and other social services.
- Food drive – at Miramar Regional Park, Thursday April 16 beginning at 9 a.m. This is a drive-through event that is open to everyone. The event will remain open until the food is gone.
For more information and updates, visit: floridahealthcovid19.gov or visit sun-sentinel.com