25 million cases,
1.6 million cases,
70,346 total hospitalizations, 25,446 deaths
8,031 total hospitalizations, 2,045 deaths
- Vaccinations for COVID-19 are currently being administered at sites throughout Broward County. Vaccinations are by appointment only.
- Vaccination priority is given to persons 65 years and older, health care personnel with direct patient contact, and residents and staff of long-term care facilities.
- The following sites are offering vaccinations for persons 65+, with confirmed appointments:
- Coral Square Mall (walk up), Central Broward Regional Park (drive through), Tradewinds Park (drive through), Lockhart Stadium (walk up), Holiday Park (drive through), Vista View Park (drive through), Markham County Park (drive through).
- The Florida Department of Health (www.floridahealth.org) will provide updates on additional sites as they become available.
Coronavirus Variants Update
- Three coronavirus variants are spreading across the globe. B.1.1.7 was first reported by the UK in December. 501Y.V2 is a variant first described in and circulating widely in South Africa. P.1 is a variant first described in Brazil.
- There are 293 cases of B.1.1.7 circulating across 24 states in the US.