By Krystle Crossman
Working from home is something many people wish to do, but there are so many scams out there that it is hard to tell what is legitimate and what is not. Here are five different things that you can do from home to help you earn some extra cash.
1. Virtual assistant: There are different sites such as Elance.com, Odesk.com, Indeed.com, and WAHM.com that offer these types of jobs. Prepare your resume for cold-calling and office experience as those are the types of people they are most looking for. When working as a virtual assistant you can expect to screen emails, arrange travel, make phone calls on behalf of your boss, and set appointments.
2. E-commerce: Amazon and Ebay are two of the biggest e-commerce sites, but there are others such as CafePress.com and Etsy. If you have a special talent for making something such as jewelry, clothing, art, pretty much anything, you can sell it on Etsy.
3. Focus groups: There are many different sites that are looking for people to participate in focus groups. You simply sign up to get your name on the list and then wait for an email that says you have been accepted for an assignment. It is a quick way to make $50-$100 and you can voice your opinion on things such as new products or new TV show concepts.
4. Host parties: There are many different kinds of parties that you can have from reputable companies and if you have the right kind of guests who like to buy stuff, you can make a tidy profit and get a lot of free swag in the process. Look for companies like Lia Sophia, Tupperware, Thirty-One, Avon, or Mary Kay.
5. Writing: If you can write well you may be able to find a job as a blogger, creative writer, or article spinner. Examiner.com is a site that will pay people to write reviews of restaurants, hotels, and concerts that are in their area. ProBlogger.com has a list of sites that are looking for people to write for their blogs. There is a wealth of information out there, you just need to go looking!