Molly: Why it is very dangerous; why the government won’t ban it
By Krystle Crossman
There are a lot of dangerous drugs out there, and many that young people take at parties to “have a good time”. One of these dangerous drugs is called Molly. Here are nine things that everyone should know about this drug.
1. Molly is basically a mixture of unknown synthetic drugs that can be deadly. They sometimes have MDMA (commonly called ecstasy) in them and often times also have MDPV, Pentedrone, MePP, Methylone, 4-MMC, and 4-MEC.
2. The effect that Molly gives is much like that of MDMA. It gives a euphoric high. The chemicals that are in Molly are created in a lab and affect the central nervous system. After the “high” they can restrict the blood vessels, cause seizures and paranoia and can cause rapid heartbeats and high blood pressure. After the high wears off, users may experience depression. Some combinations of the chemicals are deadly.
3. The market for this drug is aimed at teens between 12 and 17 and those who like to go to dance clubs and parties. They think that they are taking ecstasy when in reality they are all synthetic drugs.
4. Molly comes in all different forms, the most common being a pill or powder in a capsule. Some have even created an injectable form and an LSD-like form on blotting paper.
5. Molly is extremely dangerous because of the mixture of unknown chemicals. You never know what you are putting into your body when you are taking it and the consequences can be deadly. No one batch is the same and if the calculations are wrong on a certain chemical it could end in a fatality.
6. Most of the chemicals that are used in Molly come from China. They send the chemicals over to middle-men in the US and then it is manufactured here.
7. The problem is worldwide and is widespread in the US. There is a lot of money involved with Molly and it is now found in every state.
8. It is hard for the government to control Molly because there are so many different components to it that every time they ban one of the substances, another one is created in its place.
9. You can tell if someone is on Molly when they exhibit signs of jaw-clenching, violent behavior, psychosis, sweating, and depression once the high wears off.