Broward County Commissioners: From l to r standing: Commissioner Chip LaMarca, Commissioner Lois Wexler, Commissioner Dale V.C. Holness, Commissioner Barbara Sharief, Commissioner Mark D. Bogen, Commissioner Beam Furr and Commissioner Stacy Ritter. L to r sitting: Vice Mayor Martin David Kiar and Mayor Tim Ryan.
From Kimberly Maroe
BROWARD COUNTY, FL – Broward County Commissioners have selected the 19 members who will serve on the 2015 Charter Review Commission (CRC.)
The Charter Review Commission is authorized and empowered to conduct a comprehensive study of any or all phases of county government, including significant, regional, long-term and complex issues facing Broward County in the coming decade.
Recommendations of the Charter Review Commission will help determine the design of Broward County government, and how it should function to best meet the needs of the people. Recommendations must be voted on by the public.
Each County Commissioner chose two members to serve on the CRC from their district and one person was approved by the Board to serve at-large.
* Vice Mayor Martin David Kiar/District 1- Cynthia Busch, James Gray Kane;
* Commissioner Mark D. Bogen/District 2- Roslyn Green-berg, Katherine Richards
* Commissioner Stacy Ritter/District 3- Thomas Mc-Donald, Marilyn Leto
* Commissioner Chip La-Marca/District 4- Cynthia M. Guerra, David Di Pietro
* Commissioner Lois Wexler/District 5- Monica Navarro, Carlos Reyes
* Commissioner Beam Furr/District 6- Larry S. Davis, Suzanne Gunzburger
* Mayor Tim Ryan/District 7- H. Colins Forman, Jr., Grant Smith
* Commissioner Barbara Sharief/District 8- Anil Apana, Lori Moseley
* Commissioner Dale V.C. Holness/District 9- Suzette A. Maylor, Burnedette Norris-Weeks
At-Large: Jose A. Izquierdo
The Broward County Charter serves as the Constitution for Broward County Government. It was originally adopted in 1974, and provides for the appointment of a Charter Review Commission every 10 years.